Dear 925
I wonder what I'll turn up to be if I were to marry you.
Will I be like how I am today or will I be a different person altogether?
Will I be going off to work humming my favourite song knowing that you'll come home after the night shift at to an empty house but a warm breakfast, lovingly prepared by me, waiting for you? Will you and I have the 1 boy and 1 girl perfect family equation living comfortably at Anchorvale Drive?
Will I be dilligiently doing my work while you snored off the rest of the morning in our quilted (300 thread-count) bed after having your fill only to wake up at noon and calling me at work just to say you love me and how you'll pick up the kids at the babysitter's later that day, then you'll pick me up from MRT station and send me home with the kids before you head off to face another rigorous night shift?
The kid's homework will be done because you're so good at tutoring the kids. They'll have dinner with me and share our big bed for the night. Honestly, will I be able to sleep on the bed alone while you're gone?
I'll watch Monday night sitcoms or the latest blockbuster thanks to the cable and tv you lovingly provide for me in the built-in cabinet (colour: dark walnut, of course) in our room. Then you'll call me 5 mins before 11pm to talk about your work and how you missed me. You'll remind me to lock up the doors and close all the windows and kiss the kids good night for you.
During your off-days, you'll pick me up from work in our brand new red Mazda (almost fully paid for of course) since you're so good at saving and how you hated to take up huge loans from the banks. We'll exchange pleasantries and we'll pick up the kids before having dinner at your favourite eating joints. Maybe we'll just go grocery shopping and I'll cook up a storm for you if it's over the weekend.
Once in a while, although I would never ask for it, you'll surprise me with a romantic weekend in Bali or Batam (I'm practical, ok). Just the two of us and you'll gently chide me for worrying about the kids at your mom's place while making sensual love to me (under a flimsy, white canopied bed) until I go senseless.
You know I hate air travelling but you know I wanted to see the Northern Lights in Canada/Alaska/Whatever. So you'll help pack our stuff so that we can spend the time together as a family. Of course, you wouldn't blame me if I forgot to bring the cellphone charger. You'll be the one who will remember to bring it. You're so smart and kind, you wouldn't blame your stressed-out wife for anything and everything.
You'll arrange for everything but you'll be asking for my opinion on matters which you think I should be involved in. I am afterall an equal partner in this relationship and you know you didn't marry someone dumb. You'll listen to my points, weigh the pros and cons and reach a compromise with me before we decide on anything( the holiday in Canada/Alaska/Whatever doesn't count). Oh yeah, we will talk and not shout at each other. Even if we do not agree, we will eventually reach a common ground because we always talk things out. You consider my views as I do yours. Did I mention that we never argue? Ever?
Our kids would perform well in school and although they're not whizzes, they make us proud with their accomplishments. You never belittle them. You never call them 'stupid'. You're firm but you're also gentle and kind with them.
We live a comfortable life away from stress, mounting unpaid bills and credit card companies baying for our blood. The furnitures would be paid for in cash (of course) and although we don't live frugally, we don't spend unnecessarily either. We will have enough reserves in our bank accounts for a rainy day. Heck, we can even go through a tornado with the kind of savings we have.
We will be the perfect family living the perfect life in a perfect home. Wouldn't that be just perfect?
No comments:
Post a Comment