I've always wondered whatever happened to that guy I met back in early 92.
Average height, slim, tight butt (insert howl...)
His build makes him appear taller (check). Cute enough (check). Smart casuals carrying a Levis paper bag (check). Part-time sales probably. Like me. Killing time while waiting for the 'O' level results.
He boarded at Clementi station and sat opposite me. Our eyes met for a split second. Then we both looked away. A-w-k-w-a-r-d. It happened a few times throughout the ride. At Tanjong Pagar, the passenger beside me got off. Our eyes met yet again and he smiled. Wow...!!!!!
I smiled back and quickly looked away. What the heck do we do at situations like this? I had tried so hard to maintain minimal facial movements up till then.
When the train neared Raffles Place, he straightened. His eyes met mine again, gaze-locking far longer than those constant few seconds we shared between Clementi and Tanjong Pagar. It's like we're both trying desperately to prolong that moment as long as we possibly can.
The train slowed as it approached the station. He slowly stood up to join the crowd at the door. The door opened, he lingered for a few seconds, smiled that gorgeous smile again before saying 'bye', walked out of the door and out of my life never to be seen ever again.
No comments:
Post a Comment