Monday, March 29, 2010

Today is Tue, 30 Mar

Today is 30 March 2010. It's a Tuesday. Thank goodness it's not raining. But for 17years, 30 March has never left me in peace.

30 March every year is hard.
30 March on a Tuesday morning is especially hard.
30 March on a rainy Tuesday morning is 100 times that.

I've made peace with myself for the past 17 years and I have come to accept the fact that come 30 March every year, I have to resigned myself to that one lonesome moment of sadness, melancholy and that sudden stream of conscious tour in my head.

30 March is when I met 925 afterwhich, I lived in an exciting once-in-a-lifetime bubble of excitement that lasted for 43 heady days. It was a dream that came true literally. However, dreams don't really last that long and I was quickly brought back to reality before finally realising that you couldn't get what you want especially if the person you love didn't really love you back.

However, it was a long time before I can face that fact and I probably will never get over it. They have since build a covered walkway from his block to the bus stop. If that thing was erected 17 years ago, I'd probably not dwell on this and 30 March will be like any other day. History would have rewritten itself and I would have saved myself this misery.

I missed you even though I hated to admit it.

No comments: