Thursday, August 22, 2024

The Little Things

Thirty years in this Institute and I will always see a glimpse of him in every batch of student that I met among the sea of new faces every year.

It was that exact same feeling this morning when I saw a student walking away from me towards the elevators.  From the back, the way he walks, the silly beanie that he wore which somehow always looks cool on him.  

I literally stood on the spot, allowing the memories to rush all over me and transported me back to 1993 once again.  I didn't fight that feeling.  I just stood there and stared.  My heart beating that familiar rhythm.  Time really stood still for that one special moment.  From the back, he does look like 925.

I snapped out of it and jumped back to the present day.  

Because I knew that the minute the boy turn, he will not be 925.

Sigh.





No comments: